Thursday, July 16, 2015

See There

Everything is still status quo with the wedding plans. Nothing additional in the past two days so I started looking up places I would like to see in New Orleans to add to Scott's list. Last night I got the Kindle out to look at the three books I bought. For some reason, I got three walking tour books, which is good, but so far my list is mostly houses to admire.

Top of my list is Rosegate, the house where the witch books by Anne Rice took place. There are a couple of other houses related to her, such as her childhood home. Mainly I want to see the oldest of the buildings. Go to Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop for a drink. Some Gypsy jazz at Spotted Cat. See the statue of Joan of Arc and the French Market. Ride the cemetery streetcar. Check out the supposed haunted of the haunteds.

House of the Anne Rice Mayfair witches

Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop


Oh yes I did

Ghost of Chicken Man



I want to go to Jackson square and see St. Louis cathedral and the Presbytere. Along those lines I must see the Old Ursuline Convent, and Our Mother Of Perpetual Help Chapel. Also St. Patricks and the museum of art and Besthoff Sculpture Gardens. Then there are places like the Tennessee Williams house, William Faulkner books and the Garden District Book shop. Of course, every day must begin with (insert amount) beignet(s) at Cafe Du Monde.


St. Louis Cathedral

The Presbytere


Old Ursuline Convent

Our Mother of Perpetual Help Chapel

St. Patricks

William Faulkner Books

Tennessee Williams House

1st Breakfast

Cafe Du Monde


I'm sure we will end up having so many things on our list that we won't be able to do it all. I've only got two backup batteries for my camera, but I plan on taking a lot of pics on my phone. I might just share a peek or two of our honeymoon in progress. The outdoor stuff I mean. The public stuff I should say. Better just be safe and say the clothed stuff. 

There is a kink in the plans that has, um, kinked? We have been stymied when it comes to rings. To match or not to match. Stone or no gems. I have an idea that's obviously too crazy to consider, but I finally found something I find special and pretty, as well as Doctor Who related so the design fits me like a slipper. I'm sure Fiancee doesn't want this style, so he would have to find one, matching or not. 

Unfortunately we will have to wait to get them, most likely after the ceremony. The good thing is we have bands already that we've been wearing since Scott first proposed almost 8 years ago. We can exchange those on the day. I feel like it would be better in the long run to end up with what we really want instead of what we can really get this minute.

I promised ups and downs. Wait, did I? Whew, yes, I used those exact words. I'll let you know how it goes, and as always update you on additions to and progress on the plans. I'm leaving you with just a few of what I hear are thousands of sculptures in the Besthoff Sculpture Gardens.
















No comments:

Post a Comment