Wednesday, July 29, 2015

These Are A Few Of My Frustrating Things

I have lots to say, not sure where to start, most of it isn't fun, so I'll just start with the guest book.

Just got off the phone with a woman claiming to be called "Rain Water" at my post office.


I can only find tiny pictures. Probably because they are so ashamed of themselves. Please for the love of mail do NOT move to the 30309 zip code. They are the biggest cluster of fudgetarts I've ever dealt with. I blessed her out because after having complained 2 years ago that I couldn't get my packages because THEIR package boxes had broken locks, what's been done about it? Not a damn thing. I also felt the need to inform her, since she has only been there a year, how lazy her staff was. Once again the tracking on the guest book said they left a slip and there is no slip anywhere. "Rain Water" promised it would be delivered today, a strange guarantee since she didn't even check my tacking number or get my name. I literally cannot talk about this anymore.


MALL MADNESS

No, not that Mall Madness. Imagine it more like a zombie apocalypse...




With emergency cupcakes


We did get a few things accomplished.

No, besides that


We now know our ring sizes, fiancee is a 10 1/2 and I'm a 12 1/2, narrowly escaping the crafty Persian's sales tactics. So those online ring sizers don't work. We also tried on the shoes, 10 and 13 if your keeping score, so we can order them offline if we choose. There were challenges, such as, in the entire mall you see below, one men's restroom was working. On the opposite end and down two floors from the entrance.


So lastly, we went to check tuxedo rentals, which was no small feat. I've been coming to this mall for over 20 years and I had no idea where it was. The map confused us more, as it seemed to be behind the shoe stores on the plaza level, in the purple "B" section. Those damn stores are outside the mall facing the parking garage nestled among two types of gyms and a police precinct. Actual police, not the Segway Blarts. 

This is where caca got real. 

Four hundred for our two tuxes. Now, I know I haven't rented a tux since I was 7, and I'm pretty sure I didn't pay for it myself, but it seems like ads over the years have not built a realistic idea in my head of what it was going to cost. Oh, and you can be as diplomatic as you want, but pointedly steering us away from the slim fit models left a bad taste in my mouth only Haagen Dazs could take away.

Now we have some tough decisions to make. Bit by bit we are taking away elements of a wedding that was, honestly, far from lavish.I try not to let it get to me. I try not to think how things could have been different if I were straight, because i may have gotten married much younger, having our wedding parents to help. Being straight isn't something I want, it's just that this experience has come to me far later than it should have. 

I suppose at some point every couple has brought up the "E" word. Scrap all or part of it and stop the hemorrhaging. This computer thing has come up. The invitations haven't gone out. All this waiting and fighting that was done, though, just to take 5 minutes out of our day to get it done and out of the way is never what I wanted. Simply, we don't know what's going to happen now, outside of being married. 

This blog will continue. This is about marriage, the process, the ups, the downs, the celebrations and the sacrifices. Also, gay marriage does not end with the ceremony, or reception, or honeymoon. 

Now we just need time to consider plans B, C, and D...

Plan B

Plan C

When all else fails, there's always D

No comments:

Post a Comment